Safelite® Group is a nationwide family of retail auto glass companies - the nation's leading provider of auto glass repair and replacement services. We are rapidly growing, evolving and striving to become the Natural Choice for vehicle glass repair and replacement services in the United States.
We drive business performance with an obsessive focus on having talented people who are inspired to deliver great results. Simply put, we believe our people power the performance of our business.
Right now, we’re looking for a Fleet Director to join our team. This position has leadership responsibility for establishing the strategic vision for Safelite’s corporate vehicle fleet and developing tactical plans for realizing that vision. Scope of the Company’s fleet operation encompasses a fleet size of over 6,000 vehicles, annual operating expense approximating $65 million, and a department of 5 associates.
- Works closely with field operations and other internal customers to continually identify and implement improvements in business processes focused on growing sales, improving customer delight, and delivering heightened cost efficiency.
- Provides functional strategy to determine optimal fleet size, life-cycle replacement planning, and capital requirements.
- Ensures an appropriate match of vehicle and equipment specifications with Safelite’s operational needs.
- Works collaboratively with Procurement to ensure strategic sourcing best practices are followed for the purchase of fleet vehicles, support services, parts and supplies.
- Works collaboratively with Finance to determine optimal financing arrangements (lease or purchase) for fleet operations equipment and support services
- Develops appropriate key performance indicators (KPIs), administers KPI tracking program, and coaches Safelite’s business community to achieve best possible fleet related performance.
- Ensures that Safelite’s fleet-related policies, procedures, and organizational design align with operational needs. Seeks out new, innovative approaches to enhance the Company’s fleet related performance.
- Remains current with industry / general business trends that impact company fleet costs, service levels, and supplier network.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with a network of third party service providers. Keeps Safelite’s strategic sales force aware of developments with these service providers, recognizing that many if not all of them will likely be important Safelite AutoGlass® clients.
- Creates optimal flexibility in the fleet program to respond to seasonality or other spikes / troughs in the business.
- Provides leadership for Level I, II, III Fleet Administrators and a Fleet Projects Manager.
- Establishes and directs maintenance of an accurate, comprehensive database of fleet vehicles and related metrics.
- Ensures that corporate fleet operations are compliant with all applicable laws, regulations and policies including but not limited to DOT regulations.
- Works collaboratively with business managers and Finance to establish annual budgets for fleet related items.
- Manages the internal transfer and reallocation of fleet assets between company locations to optimize utilization for short-term and long-term needs.
- Manages the process for determination and disposition of excess and obsolete fleet equipment.
- Determines and administers fleet equipment rental and short-term sourcing programs.
- Manages the titling, registration and permitting processes for the company fleet using internal staff and third party resources.
- Develops and administers third party provider programs for fuel management, maintenance management, and accident repairs.
- Bachelor Degree with concentration in Business Management, Engineering, Logistics, or Transportation
- Ten years of progressive leadership experience in a high performance organization managing a sizable fleet operation and / or supply chain organization
- Experience and proficiency in strategic sourcing negotiations for purchases of fleet vehicles, equipment, supplies, support services, leasing and rental agreements
- Experience in using fleet management information systems including maintenance and fixed asset systems
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Organizational and team leadership experience developing high-performance teams.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in bringing about change through collaborative relationships across all levels of an organization.
How to Apply:
Apply to this exciting opportunity, or preview other openings within Safelite, visit www.safelitecareers.com.
Who we’re looking for:
- Brand advocates who go above and beyond to create customer delight
- Honest, hard-working people who lack ego but are drenched in integrity
- People who consistently drive for extraordinary results
- Individuals who like to learn, seek challenges and go out of their way to help others be successful
- Team members who will learn our way of working and come up with innovative ways to make us even better
- Those who want a career, not just a job, and who understand the important role they play in the overall success of our business.
At Safelite®, we are creating a culture that delivers our People Pledge:
- You'll experience great leadership.
- We’ll focus on you first.
- You’ll work with talented people who inspire you to be at your best.
- You’ll become part of a caring culture with opportunities for you to growth both personally and professionally.